At WCAH, you and your pet are part of our family!
West Carleton Animal Hospital is located in the Village of Carp, in West Ottawa. We are a 10 minute drive from Kanata and Stittsville at 3710 Carp Road.
Services offered include general wellness exams, nutritional and lifestyle counselling, parasite prevention, digital radiography (x-rays) and vaccinations. We offer full dental services including cleaning, dental surgery and digital dental radiography. General soft tissue surgery including spay and neuter procedures are done by our experienced staff veterinarians. Orthopedic and advanced surgical services are performed at our clinic by veterinary surgeons board certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons. We also offer mobile veterinary services for those that would like in-home care.
Our knowledgeable veterinarians and staff keep up-to-date with the ongoing advancements in veterinary care by participating in continuing education at veterinary scientific conferences, hands on wetlabs and through the online Veterinary Information Network.
We strive to provide the best possible care for your pet at all times. We recognize that the care that is possible or desired can vary from situation to situation. We always try to provide the healthcare options and information you require to make informed decisions regarding the health of your pet.
At this time we are unfortunately not able to accept new clients as we need to ensure that we are able to provide enough services to our current clients. Please keep checking back on this page as we will keep this status updated. Thank you for your understanding!
Our update to COVID-19 as of May 25, 2020:
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are booking healthy annual appointments and elective surgeries.
WEST CARLETON ANIMAL HOSPITAL IS COMMITTED TO ENSURING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL OUR PATIENTS AND THEIR HUMAN FAMILY MEMBERS.
1. Upon arrival, please call the hospital and a staff member will take your phone number and check you in. Our technician will reach out to you when they are ready for you to meet them at our pet drop off location. At this time, we will only be taking patients into the building and will communicate with our owners over the phone. We are committed to keeping a sanitized and safe environment.
2. At this time, we are no longer accepting cash as payment. We accept debit and credit – our machine is sterilized after each use, or e-transfers.
3. We do ask that you call ahead for food and medication so our staff can get it ready for you to pick up. Please allow up to one to two weeks for food/medication orders.
4. If brought into the clinic, please practice social distancing as much as possible.
5. As an alternative we are providing telephone consults with our DVM’s as an option to coming to the clinic. Please contact the clinic for details and to schedule an appointment.
To ensure that we have a safe environment for our staff and other clients please do not come if you have traveled outside the country within the last 14 days, been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or exhibit any of the of the following symptoms:
• SHORTNESS OF BREATH
PLEASE BE ASSURED, there will be absolutely no cancellation fees charged for any last-minute cancellations as the health and safety of everyone is a top priority. Please contact the clinic to reschedule your appointment and/or make alternate arrangements with our staff to meet your needs.
We will continue to monitor and make adjustments as required and will keep you updated. We thank you for helping us to continue to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all.